5 tips to survive autumn healthily
We simply can’t avoid noticing the changes all around us.
Autumn is here...
Autumn is also called a transitional season. Slowly and steadily, it prepares us for the transition from the long, warm days to the colder and shorter days of winter.
Not everybody is equally as happy with these changes!
5 Tips to survive autumn
Doctors notice at this time of the year that their waiting rooms become more crowded than during summer. A lot of people really dislike this season.However, you can survive autumn by following a few simple tips.
- Make sure you've got a good resistance to the cold weather. You can do this by eating citrus fruit. Also, vegetables like Brussels' sprouts, broccoli and kale give your body a vitamin shot. And we can all use this these days.
- Eat in colours. It sounds weird, but it has been proven that your body thrives when eating substances that have warm, earthly colours. And for this, nature doesn't let us down. During this season, lots of vegetables that have deep, warm colours are available: pumpkin, sweet potatoes, onions, carrots ....
- Update your immune system. By eating dairy products like yoghurt, we help our immune systems. With a healthy colonic flora, you're on the way to growing stronger.
- Don't lock yourself in. Autumn is the season to start cocooning. There's nothing wrong with that. But there's a lingering danger of losing our social contacts. It's also always more satisfying cocooning after a solid autumn walk.
- Rest sufficiently. In the darker days, we simply need more rest. Sleeping in longer doesn't enable you to be better rested. On the contrary, it's recommended to go to sleep earlier and also to get up earlier. This way, you adjust your life rhythm to the sunlight.
After 25 years in the Bach flower world, we asked ourselves, is now the right time for our own new name? Not only have we grown, but so have you, along with the confidence you have in us. That's why we want to connect ourselves to our own name. That name is Mariepure.
As nice as it is for a person to celebrate New Year, it's not so nice for a dog, especially when the loud fireworks go off the whole night. This is really frightening for many dogs. Read our 7 tips on how you can help your dog with his fear of fireworks.
Some people are overly sensitive to the time change and it can take days, if not weeks, for them to feel right again, while others barely even notice.Read the complete article
What can you do if your kid doesn't want to go back to school? Here are our hints and tips to help if your child is expressing a refusal to go to school.
Being happy is something everybody strives for, but unfortunately there are a lot of people who go through life unhappily. A lot of people take life how it is.Read the complete article
Have you considered yoga? There are many advantages to practicing yoga. It is a holistic practice benefitting you physically, emotionally & mentally.
Lynn Anderson told it very nicely in her song “I beg your pardon; I never promised you a rose garden”. Life isn’t all roses and everybody experiences something they would rather not once in their life.Read the complete article
It’s such a positive thing to do and hope springs eternal, so why not commit yourself to a change this year? Here’s our tips on how to stick to your new year’s resolutions.