7 tips to help your dog with a fear of fireworks
As nice as it is for a person to celebrate New Year, it's not so nice for a dog, especially when the loud fireworks go off the whole night. This is really frightening for many dogs.
Read our 7 tips on how you can help your dog with his fear of fireworks. Many people are too busy planning their celebrations for New Year's Eve and forget to make the necessary preparations for their dog.
Help your dog through the New Year with these tips:
You can't change how your dog feels about fireworks, but with these tips you can make his/her night a bit more comfortable.
- Make sure you dog is in a place where they feel secure. Preferably in their own home. Are you celebrating with friends or family? Take your beloved pet with you, and make sure that you stay close to them when the fireworks begin. You can also bring a favourite toy.
- Even if your dog is in a familiar place, make sure you don't lock them up. Does you dog like to sit in his crate? Leave it open so your dog can leave it when they are frightened.
- Of course it's better to keep your dog indoors when there are fireworks. Because of his/her fear, they can become disoriented and run away, unable to find their way back home.
- If your dog stays home alone, make sure that he/she has enough water so they can drink when the fear is reduced. It is also recommended that you leave your dog in a room with good insulation against noise. If possible, look for a dogsitter who will walk your dog before and after the fireworks.
- An anxious or frightened dog can display weird behaviour, like barking or howling. Don't discipline your dog because this only raises their stress levels. Ignoring them isn't a good way to deal with the stress either. Your dog needs you at this moment. Stay close and comfort him/her.
- One of the best ways to prepare your dog is to make loud bangs or to play firework sounds. You can do this just before dinner, before a walk of before playing. This customisation to noise can take up to 3 to 4 months. If you don't have that much time, use this tip in combination with other tips.
- Help your dog in a natural way using Bach Flowers. Bach Flower mix 100 helps your dog to remain calm and be less afraid of loud explosions. It is recommended you start Bach flowers with your dog two weeks in advance. You can do this in combination with the above tips. When your dog becomes more stressed during the night of the fireworks, you can increase the frequency of the intake of Bach Flowers. Read more about Bach Flower mix 100.
These tips are not only useable with fireworks. Many dogs are also afraid from lightning and thunder for example. These tips can help you with storms. And remember, it's not just dogs who are afraid of loud explosions, cats and horses don't like these loud sounds either.
Bach flowers mix 100 helps your dog to:
- Reduce his fear of fire works and loud explosions;
- avoid sudden uncleanliness;
- avoid hiding and seeking shelter;
- avoid excessive barking or howling.
No one knows what the future holds, so don't waste time and energy worrying about it. Read our tips and find out how to stop being afraid of what might never happen.Read the complete article
What are your aims in life? Do you plan to be rich, to be a top footballer, to be a good parent, or to become Prime Minister? However efficiently you plan your life, sooner or later you are going to come up against obstacles to achieving your goals.
Going back to school during a pandemic is a new experience for everyone, and it's understandable if children are feeling anxious about it. We take a look at some of the issues and how you can help your child to get ready for returning to the classroom.
Since the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, governments around the world have taken unprecedented measures to stop the spread of coronavirus. The rapid changes we've seen have had an impact on almost every aspect of our lives.
When we’re stuck in a bit of a rut, the days and nights slip past so quickly that we barely notice them. But life is not a rehearsal!
Stress can be both good and bad; it’s up to you how you look at it. But too much stress can be dangerous. Read more about stress in this article!Read the complete article
Everyone is unique, even in their own bad habits or negative traits. Here are some tips to balance those negative traits in our new article!
People always think: that’s just me. I'm not good at 'X', that is just my character. Here are some reasons why it's never too late to change.Read the complete article
Do you sometimes feel your achievements are not the result of your hard work and skill but are just luck? And do you fear that one day, someone will reveal you as an imposter or fraud? You might have imposter syndrome!
Have you considered yoga? There are many advantages to practicing yoga. It is a holistic practice benefitting you physically, emotionally & mentally.