We all like to believe that our relationship will stand the long haul. And there are many clues that can indicate that your partnership will survive and go the distance. But, equally, there may be signs that your relationship could be stuck in a rut and might not last.
It takes commitment to make a relationship work. So if you feel unfulfilled in your relationship, take our quiz to find out whether it’s likely to survive. Then read on for some tips on how to rekindle the flame.
Does your relationship need a boost? To find out, answer the following two sets of questions.
1. Do you trust your partner? Not only in the sense of being faithful but also that they’re always supportive and have your back?
2. Do you share similar goals?
3. Are you physically intimate? It’s not just about sex, but whether you often reach out to touch or hug one another.
4. Can you communicate openly and honestly?
5. Do you still like your partner even when you’re angry with them?
6. Do you have fun and laugh together?
7. Can you fully be yourself in this relationship?
8. Has the spark gone out of your sex life?
9. Do you find you have the same arguments repeatedly?
10. Do you feel underappreciated or take your partner for granted?
11. Do you have different aims in life?
12. Do you feel unable to be completely yourself in the relationship?
13. Has the routine of everyday life (chores, looking after the kids etc.) taken its toll on your relationship?
14. Do you no longer communicate with one another or express your feelings?
15. Has the romance faded as the dirty dishes and laundry pile up?
These questions were divided into two sets. If you answered "Yes" to the questions in the first set, there’s little doubt that your relationship is built to last.
But if you responded "Yes" to the second set of questions, your relationship has likely got stale, and you’re stuck in a rut.
Maybe you feel that it’s time to end the relationship and move on - and that’s fine as well. But if you want to rekindle the spark, try the following tips.
If you’ve been honest with the answers you gave to our quiz, you can now decide on your next steps. Maybe you’re no longer on the same path as your partner, and you’ll decide it’s time to move on. But if you feel your relationship is worth preserving, you will be able to turn things around as long as you’re both prepared to work at it.
Motivation can be somewhat elusive - some days, you just can't seem to make yourself do the stuff you don't want to. But putting things off just leads to stress, frustration and a sense of guilt.
Bad habits waste your energy and time. They disrupt your life, risk your health and stop you from achieving your aims. So why do we do them? And what can we do to break our bad habits?
Why do you feel butterflies at the start of a new romance, and how can you keep the flame burning in a long term relationship as the spark starts to fade?Read the complete article
Do you sometimes despair about humanity because it seems there are far more bad people than good? Are we primarily selfish individuals, thinking only about our own needs? Or is this cynical belief just because we spend so much time online? The truth is more complicated!
Being happy is something everybody strives for, but unfortunately there are a lot of people who go through life unhappily. A lot of people take life how it is.Read the complete article
If you're worried that the world is changing too fast, you're not alone: technology is constantly developing, and it can be challenging to keep up with all the changes. As a result, many people - not just the older generations - feel anxious that they might get left behind.
When we’re stuck in a bit of a rut, the days and nights slip past so quickly that we barely notice them. But life is not a rehearsal!
It's often difficult to say no, but some people never do! So how do you know when to say no and when to say yes?
We simply can’t avoid noticing the changes all around us. Autumn is here... Autumn is also called a transitional season. Slowly and steadily, it prepares us for the transition...Read the complete article
Do you feel you’re always criticising and judging everyone, yourself included? Do you feel bad about it afterwards? You’re certainly not alone! Read on to discover how you can judge less and start to accept things the way they are.
Are you unsure which Bach flowers can help you? Contact Tom for free advice.