Does your child have too much energy? Take the test!
Are you living with a hurricane?
Does your child have too much energy?
It can be incredibly trying as a parent to have a child who just never sits still, and frustrating too, if his or her behaviour affects others.
So how do you know whether the amount of energy your child has can be considered normal, or abnormal?
All children are agile and energetic, so what’s the difference? Take our test and find out.
How many of the following can you answer ‘yes’ to?
- Your child runs everywhere. In fact, s/he doesn’t just run, they race as though there’s a finish line ahead.
- Your child has figured out how to get past all your safety controls, such as child locks, electrical outlet covers, safety latches and locks.
- Your child uses furniture as though it’s a jungle-gym. Scaling bookcases and tall furniture poses no problem because your child believes s/he is the next Ninja Warrior.
- Your child is loud. You need to wear earplugs just to save your hearing. You feel sorry for your neighbours.
- When your child spots a collection of pots and pans, they start making ‘music’.
- When you’re in the supermarket, your child uses the aisles as their own personal skating rink.
- Your child is the most impatient person you know and refuses to wait their turn for anything.
- Your child has the most violent tantrums it has ever been your mortification to witness.
- Flying on a plane with your child threatens national security.
- If your child doesn’t have regular mealtimes they become feral.
- When you tell your child to stop, they don’t seem able to.
- Your child cannot sleep through the night.
- When playing with other children, your child is very controlling.
- Your child finds it difficult to keep friends.
- Your child is overly confident, and some may say, arrogant.
- Your child is always fidgeting and squirming.
- Your child seems incapable of staying in one place for more than one minute.
- Your child is easily bored, and likes to jump from one activity to another, and then another, leaving you with the constant tidying up and unfinished projects.
- Your child never stops talking. They interrupt or talk over you, and when placed in an educational environment have a tendency to shout out the answers even when asked to ‘put their hand up’ or wait.
- Your child hits mountainous highs, but when s/he crashes, the world might as well end.
The test is a little tongue in cheek, but if you recognise what’s at the heart of these challenges, you may be feeling overwhelmed.
The thing about an over-energetic child is that their over-exuberance can depend on a parent’s subjectivity. You may be happier with boisterous behaviour than your neighbour, for example. If you compare your child to their classmates, how do they fare? If your child’s behaviour is not causing stress or upset to themselves or to others, it may just be normal behaviour at this stage of their development. If you have your doubts you should discuss your child’s energy levels with a teacher or medical professional.
Bach flowers mix 55 helps to:
- Concentrate better and get less distracted
- Become calmer and be less impulsive
- Change hyperactivity into normal activity levels
- Reduce being frustrated
- Function better at school and at work
What are your aims in life? Do you plan to be rich, to be a top footballer, to be a good parent, or to become Prime Minister? However efficiently you plan your life, sooner or later you are going to come up against obstacles to achieving your goals.
Since the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, governments around the world have taken unprecedented measures to stop the spread of coronavirus. The rapid changes we've seen have had an impact on almost every aspect of our lives.
Feeling blue? You're not alone! We all feel sad at times; it's a normal human emotion. Sometimes, it's clear to see what has triggered our depression. Common reasons for feeling sad include bereavement, the end of a relationship, losing your job or money problems. But it's not always so clearcut.
Learn how to recognise the signs of stress and avoid slipping into a burnout or a bore-out
Do you feel you’re always criticising and judging everyone, yourself included? Do you feel bad about it afterwards? You’re certainly not alone! Read on to discover how you can judge less and start to accept things the way they are.
Being happy is something everybody strives for, but unfortunately there are a lot of people who go through life unhappily. A lot of people take life how it is.Read the complete article
Going back to school during a pandemic is a new experience for everyone, and it's understandable if children are feeling anxious about it. We take a look at some of the issues and how you can help your child to get ready for returning to the classroom.
After 25 years in the Bach flower world, we asked ourselves, is now the right time for our own new name? Not only have we grown, but so have you, along with the confidence you have in us. That's why we want to connect ourselves to our own name. That name is Mariepure.
Why do you feel butterflies at the start of a new romance, and how can you keep the flame burning in a long term relationship as the spark starts to fade?Read the complete article
Read some tips to get the challenge you're thinking about out of the way. Now is the time to do something, you can start right now. Read on to know more!Read the complete article