Does your child have too much energy? Take the test!
Are you living with a hurricane?
Does your child have too much energy?
It can be incredibly trying as a parent to have a child who just never sits still, and frustrating too, if his or her behaviour affects others.
So how do you know whether the amount of energy your child has can be considered normal, or abnormal?
All children are agile and energetic, so what’s the difference? Take our test and find out.
How many of the following can you answer ‘yes’ to?
- Your child runs everywhere. In fact, s/he doesn’t just run, they race as though there’s a finish line ahead.
- Your child has figured out how to get past all your safety controls, such as child locks, electrical outlet covers, safety latches and locks.
- Your child uses furniture as though it’s a jungle-gym. Scaling bookcases and tall furniture poses no problem because your child believes s/he is the next Ninja Warrior.
- Your child is loud. You need to wear earplugs just to save your hearing. You feel sorry for your neighbours.
- When your child spots a collection of pots and pans, they start making ‘music’.
- When you’re in the supermarket, your child uses the aisles as their own personal skating rink.
- Your child is the most impatient person you know and refuses to wait their turn for anything.
- Your child has the most violent tantrums it has ever been your mortification to witness.
- Flying on a plane with your child threatens national security.
- If your child doesn’t have regular mealtimes they become feral.
- When you tell your child to stop, they don’t seem able to.
- Your child cannot sleep through the night.
- When playing with other children, your child is very controlling.
- Your child finds it difficult to keep friends.
- Your child is overly confident, and some may say, arrogant.
- Your child is always fidgeting and squirming.
- Your child seems incapable of staying in one place for more than one minute.
- Your child is easily bored, and likes to jump from one activity to another, and then another, leaving you with the constant tidying up and unfinished projects.
- Your child never stops talking. They interrupt or talk over you, and when placed in an educational environment have a tendency to shout out the answers even when asked to ‘put their hand up’ or wait.
- Your child hits mountainous highs, but when s/he crashes, the world might as well end.
The test is a little tongue in cheek, but if you recognise what’s at the heart of these challenges, you may be feeling overwhelmed.
The thing about an over-energetic child is that their over-exuberance can depend on a parent’s subjectivity. You may be happier with boisterous behaviour than your neighbour, for example. If you compare your child to their classmates, how do they fare? If your child’s behaviour is not causing stress or upset to themselves or to others, it may just be normal behaviour at this stage of their development. If you have your doubts you should discuss your child’s energy levels with a teacher or medical professional.
Bach flowers mix 55 helps to:
- Concentrate better and get less distracted
- Become calmer and be less impulsive
- Change hyperactivity into normal activity levels
- Reduce being frustrated
- Function better at school and at work
Everyone is unique, even in their own bad habits or negative traits. Here are some tips to balance those negative traits in our new article!
Irrational anxieties can seem overwhelming, affecting every aspect of your life. Learn how to beat your fears and worries and take back control.
Being happy is something everybody strives for, but unfortunately there are a lot of people who go through life unhappily. A lot of people take life how it is.Read the complete article
Children's imaginations know no limits and their dreams are a mix of hopes and fantasies, the real and the magical, the impossible and the achievable.
Have you considered yoga? There are many advantages to practicing yoga. It is a holistic practice benefitting you physically, emotionally & mentally.
Can we learn from our mistakes and develop a stronger, healthier emotional bondwith our kids? To help you identify your weak spots, we’ve rounded up some of the most common mistakes parents make.
What are your aims in life? Do you plan to be rich, to be a top footballer, to be a good parent, or to become Prime Minister? However efficiently you plan your life, sooner or later you are going to come up against obstacles to achieving your goals.
No one knows what the future holds, so don't waste time and energy worrying about it. Read our tips and find out how to stop being afraid of what might never happen.Read the complete article
People spend so much of their time regretting the past and worrying about the future. But it’s not worth it! Even what happened yesterday doesn't matter anymore! Let go of the past and the future and make the most of every moment.
People always think: that’s just me. I'm not good at 'X', that is just my character. Here are some reasons why it's never too late to change.Read the complete article